Tulips From Amsterdam
Trudy & Annie
Thursday Afternoons 1-3pm
KLM Dutch Orange Day:
Following an overwhelming success of previous years, the annual event in Melbourne where the Dutch community come together to celebrate their national holiday, Koninginnedag/Queen’s Day, supported by the City of Melbourne, the Victorian Multicultural Commission and the Consulate of the Netherlands: KLM Dutch Orange Day
Some highlights include:
– Take part in our online auction for a KLM ticket to Amsterdam, proceeds to go to charity.
– Come and take a “Dutch Canal tour on the Yarra” and get to learn more about this year’s theme!
For more information on the event, please see www.dutchorangeday.com.au
Trudy de Vries, Annie Wiebenga and Peter Schoutens
Trudy is the mainstay of our Dutch program but if she ever needs some time off our station has another two fabulous volunteers who love the opportunity to speak Dutch and play some Dutch music. They are Annie Wiebenga and Peter Schoutens. Peter joined our team to help with “Courier on the Air” but as often happens, our volunteers are multi-talented and he has not only helped with our Studio rebuild, OB’s, Panel Training for our “Courier on the Air” people and Maintenance team but he also speaks Dutch so was only to willing to help Trudy out and revisit his Dutch music collection with a little help from Di.
The Dutch program is one of Voice FM’s long standing Ethnic programs that features…
- News updates from the Netherlands via ‘Radio Nederland’.
- Dutch news from ‘Holland Focus’.
- Dutch newspaper – ‘Dutch Courier’.
- Lots of Dutch and Belgium music
- Including interviews in Dutch or Flemish from SBS Radio.
The Consulate in Melbourne: Level 3, 50 Market Street, Melbourne 3000
Phone: 03 9620 2701
Fax: 03 9620 9270
Office hours: Monday to Friday 10am-2pm.
Passport and visa applications by appointment only
SBS Radio – Dutch: www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/dutch